- I provide a variety of services including individual, couple, and family counselling. In counselling we help you identify and work on your issues in a goal directed, educational and supportive manner.
Some of the things I have been able to help clients with include:
- Problems with mood or anxiety
- Coping and interpersonal conflict
- Difficulties with emotions or mood swings
- Anger issues and anger management
- Marital and couples therapy
- In couple situations, we can work on conflict, marital disappointment, sexual desire, among other issues
- Healthy separation and parenting after separation as an alternative to the courts
- Family therapy to address common child and adolescent parenting challenges
- Alcohol addiction, drug addictions, substance abuse, problem drinking, problem gambling (Addiction Is Not Your Fault….It is Your Responsibility) Abstinence will be our focus if loved ones are complaining…Relapse prevention is the goal)
- Financial issues, debt management, budgeting
My Daughter Melody, Fearless Eager to take risks and try new things and make her old man sweat
I use an eclectic approach to counselling drawing on attachment theory, cognitive behaviour therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy, and emotion focused therapy. I have been commended by clients for my supportive, caring, and psycho-educational format.
- Access and Fees – You can access my services in a variety of ways, including
Fee for services – The fee is $180.00 per appointment and this is due each appointment by cash, check or web banking transfer please. Reimbursement from extended health insurance is the client’s responsibility except in the case of armed forces clients. For Couples Counselling the fee is $200.00 per appointment. First appointments are not free.
Cancellation Policy – I have a three “working day” notice of cancellation policy for missed appointments, please advise by email. Appointments are booked in advance, you own that hour. It is the client’s responsibility to provide proper three notice so that the appointment spot can be provided to someone else. This three day policy includes initial appointments. Clients are billed full rate for missed appointments, or inadequate notice. The three day policy allows me to have “urgent” appointment spots available usually for new clients. Client are welcome and encouraged to change appointments by email which is checked often throughout the day.
I do not have a wait list at this particular time. I can typically book you in within two to three weeks for the initial appointment. My cancellation policy also allows me to often advise of an earlier available appointment if urgent.
Extended Health Benefits – Your group insurance, extended health may cover part or all of the cost of therapy. Check with your human resource officer or extended health insurance carrier at your workplace to see if social work psychotherapy / counselling is covered under your plan, or therapy with a registered psychologist. You have the option to seek reimbursement either for social work services or for psychological counselling. If submitting for psychological counselling you accept that I seek additional consultation supervision with a supervising psychologist.
College Registration and Association- Services, are provided in association and supervision with two registered Psychologists. My practice is in association with Dr. Bita Sharifzadeh of Clinic Dr. Bita and Dr. Caroline Page of Ottawa. Dr. Bita has been running for upwards of 10 years and largely out of Montreal, she is a professor, author, supervisor and well amazing. She is an expert in Mindfulness and has published books and articles promoting mindfulness as a key to mental wellness. I am also in practice with Dr. Caroline Page, who has about 20 years experience between crisis, treatment and assessment practice in the Ottawa region. Currently she largely shares her practice between the RCMP, and The Revival Clinic and The Ottawa Hospital.
I am registered with a number of Extended health insurance and EAP providers.
- Canadian Armed Forces, and CF Family members can confidentially access the Member Assistance Plan, available to members of the Canadian Armed Forces and there families. No referral is needed from your Physician with the DND Call 1 800 268 7708, to obtain a self referral. Click here to review information on this program.
- For Aboriginal and Inuit Persons, you may access my services or reimbursement for my services through the Non Insured Health benefit program for eligible persons through Health Canada. Contact the appropriate regional office. Click here to explore information and the contact information for the Ontario office of NIMH.
- EAP Coverage for Short Term, Solution Focused Support or Initial Consultation may be available, I am registered with the following providers.
My Daughter Hope participating in Lawn Care, doing her share working off her iphone.
My Daughter melody, far too much attitude and in a hurry to “individuate”.